Final Steps Before Moving to the Town of Rush River, WI
Mail Forwarding, Utilities, Services, Closing Notice, Final Walk-Through
AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION about the Funds for Your Purchase
Here are some items that you will want to take care of before you move. You will want to forward your mail through USPS.com, transfer gas, and electricity into your name (if applicable), set up garbage & recycling services, and establish any desired services you would like at your new home such as cable, internet, & phone.
Of course, you will want to also cancel gas, water, sewer, electricity, phone, cable, and internet at the home that you are moving from. If you are closing on the sale of your home, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM TO CANCEL THE UTILITIES AT THE END OF DAY ON THE CLOSING DAY AND NOT BEFORE!
AVOID WIRING SCAMS!
PLEASE READ THE NOTICE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE BEFORE WIRING ANY MONEY!
Utility and Service Providers in Rush River, WI
You can forward your mail at USPS.com.
Here are a couple of companies that provide propane gas service to Rush River, WI.
Northwoods Propane (no website)
Trash & Recycling
Here are a couple of companies that provide trash & recycling services to Rush River, WI.
Additional Trash Haulers & Recycling Guide
Cable, Satellite Television, Phone, & Internet
- Baldwin Lightstream 715-684-3346
Access to internet and/or cable services from Baldwin Lightstream requires phone (land line) service/activation. Services are available in the following combinations:
- Phone, cable & internet
- Phone & cable
- Phone & internet
- Century Link 1-800-201-4099
Phone service (land line) is not a requirement for other services. Century Link offers the following services:
- Satellite – DIRECTV
- Internet – DSL up to 8 Mbits/s
- DIRECTV 855-229-4388
- Dish Network 888-321-7209
We sent you a moving checklist right after your offer was accepted. You might want to double check the list (link below) to make sure that you aren’t forgetting to take care of any last-minute items.
When it gets closer to closing, the title company will send you a Closing Notice with the date, time, and location of your closing. This notice will include a list of items that you will need to bring to the closing. If you don’t receive this notice within 7-10 days of the closing date, please inquire with them.
Funds for Your Purchase
Your title company may allow you to bring a cashier’s check to pay for your purchase; however, in most cases you will be required to wire funds from your bank. If you are required to wire your funds, you will receive special instructions by mail, phone, or fax. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH WIRING INSTRUCTIONS!
Once you have received wiring instructions, PLEASE CALL US so that we can verify that the routing number is indeed the correct routing number to wire the funds to. BE SURE TO READ THE WARNING BELOW!
Your Pre-Closing Final Walk-Through
Once we know the time and location of your closing, we will contact you to schedule a final walk-through of the home. The final walk-through is typically scheduled either right before the closing or the day before and takes about 15 minutes. It’s primary purpose is to make sure that the home/property is in the condition that you agreed to buy it in. Ryan will walk through the home/property with you to confirm that any repairs or requests have been taken care of, that nothing has gone wrong with the property since your last visit, and that the terms of your purchase agreement/contract will be met.
Email hacking and wire fraud are on the rise. Parties to real estate transactions are a very common target because large amounts of money are involved.
Cybercriminals can gain access to email accounts and/or create false accounts to send emails that appear to come from your agent, closer or loan officer.
We encourage all of our customers to take the following steps to better protect themselves:
- Before sending any money via wire PLEASE CALL US so that we can verify that the routing number is indeed the correct routing number to wire the funds to. When seeking the services of a title company, always call the number that we have provided to you or the number on the company’s website rather than one provided in an email.
- If you are requesting that your proceeds be wired after closing, confirm your wire instructions with the closer prior to closing by contacting the closer directly. Again do not call a phone number provided in an email.
- Requests for changes to wire instructions for seller proceeds will likely not be honored by a title company unless executed by all sellers in the presence of the closer.
- If you receive any email relating to your real estate transaction that seems in any way suspicious, DO NOT OPEN ANY ATTACHMENTS but instead follow up with the sender via telephone to ensure the legitimacy of the email.
Opening an attachment from a fraudulent sender will give the hacker access to your computer.
Protecting our customers is our number one priority and these small steps can help combat this growing problem and ensure that all involved are protected.